Tuesday, December 02, 2008

The Well



I've been wanting to share this with *you* for some time and am excited to now! In January, on the 12th actually, I'm helping launch a women's ministry at our church called 'The Well'. God put the name 'The Well' on my heart probably 8 years ago. I thought since it was over 8 years ago that it was supposed to get rolling at my old church but God kept closing the door. He continued to lead me to the story in John 4 about Jesus and the Samaritan woman so I read it over and over. It is such an amazing picture of God's pursuit of us through Christ and how He'll go to any length to offer us eternal life and perspective...I was sitting at the well 2 years ago...looking back, I can see how God's timing was perfect and mine was futile...

Anyway, you may think this doesn't affect you because you live in NY or GA or WA or another country or continent, but I am sure through 6 degrees of separation, you know a girl in Colorado, USA in the greater Denver area who could use a 'filling' the second Monday of every month. I'd like to invite any woman age 14 and up who wants to meet the Savior of the world in a personal way and grow in their walk with him to join us at 'The Well' on January 12th. We'll only be teaching from God's word because, one, His word ROCKS, and two, so that when a visitor comes she isn't 'behind' or unable to jump right in and be a part of it.

Personally, I am truly in awe that God would bless me with such an opportunity to share His love for women in such a neat setting. I pray that all of us would be transformed just like the girl was who met Jesus at noon that one day 2000 years ago.

If you are local this is not a ministry solely for women at RRC. Please email me at adexoxox@gmail.com if you are interested in coming to check this out or if you have other questions regarding 'The Well'. We will meet the second Monday of every month starting January 12th, 2009 at RRC in Lakewood, CO, at 7:00 pm.

The woman who had her life radically changed that day at the well was not a 'church goer' nor did she have her 'act together'...in fact, she didn't even know she needed anything more than water for her household...she came away with so much more!

4 comments:

  1. What timing! We just talked about this exact same story in our Life Groups class Sunday morning. Too bad I can't be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect day to start Ade, I look forward to hearing more about 'The Well' I wish I could be there.

    I am going to email you just to find out more!

    Love to you x

    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:15 PM

    Congrats on your new ministry! God is doing amazing things in women's ministries and I can hardly wait to see what He does through yours! God bless!

    ReplyDelete