|Pretty much if you add lemon, lime, or fresh ginger to any juice recipe, it's a winner!|
|The veggies pictured previously did not create this smoothie. I got it from the Juice Lady's recipe for Cherie's Awesome Green Smoothie. Here is a link to more recipes.|
|Yes, it's thick. I'm slowly chugging it as I post...|
- 1 Avocado, peeled and seeded, cut into chunks (I forgot to cut it into chunks)
- 1 cup raw spinach
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled if not organic, cut into chunks (I used a regular one)
- juice of one lime (I used 1 Tbsp organic lime juice from my fridge)
- 1 Tbsp green powder of choice (I used Garden of Life Perfect Food RAW)
- top with 2-3 tsp ground almonds (I skipped this as I am avoiding nuts right now...)
Let's just say, I put it all in the blender and nothing happened. I even have a high-powered blender. I added a little water...this helped...for a little bit. I added 8oz of water which finally allowed the ingredients to become a smoothie.
So, here's the deal. It actually tastes good. It really does. But. But. But. I had what I think is a brilliant idea, since, really this drink is like trying to chug guacamole...
Add one or two more avocadoes, some fresh cilantro, a tomato and salt, up the green powder to 2 Tbsp and double the lime, then serve with fresh veggies sticks, yummy root chips or corn chips.
Seriously, your kids (or your husband) won't know it's got spinach, cucumber or the green powder in it. It's like that Deceptively Delicious book by Seinfeld's wife...except taken up a notch.
And, always, always, always eat this wearing your green retro snowsuit from the 70's.