Friday, November 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Recipe

Today I thought I'd share a yummy and healthy Thanksgiving recipe, full of antioxidants, but mostly full of incredible flavor and it's SUPER EASY to do!  A friend introduced me to the recipe probably 15 years ago and every time I make it, it's a hit.  Over the years I've tweaked the recipe (it had brown sugar and butter, previously) to suit our tastes and desire to enjoy healthy "comfort food", but this Paleo treat is sure to woo the people around your table.  Here you go:

Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Basil

Preheat oven to 350, use 9 x 13 baking dish

2 ribs celery, chopped
1/2 large yellow or white onion, diced
2 - 3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 - 2 medium sized apples (Granny Smith or Pink Lady are my go-to's), cut and cubed
1 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup raw honey
4 T + 2 T melted coconut oil, divided (or butter if you prefer)

*See final picture for TWO ways to cook this dish.


Saute onions and celery in 2 T coconut oil over medium heat until onions are tender, add 1 tsp dried basil 

Peel and cut sweet potatoes, and apples, into approximately 1" cubes

Put sweet potatoes and apples into a large bowl

Melt 1/4 cup of honey and 4 T coconut oil in pan or microwave until the coconut oil is liquid (this does NOT take long...do not over heat!)

Pour celery, onion, basil mix into bowl, toss with honey and coconut oil

Pour into 9 x 13 oven safe baking dish and bake on 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
OR
Spread out onto a large roasting pan in a single layer and bake at 375 for approximately 30 minutes or until tender.
IF there are any of these puppies left in the morning, they are actually fantastic cold for breakfast ;)


7 comments:

  1. The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t fail me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely believed you would have something helpful to say. mba assignment help All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy searching for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is indeed a good news! Congratulations on coming up with another product that will make the business grow even more! I am so excited to know what reactions people will have upon hearing the news because dissertation writing uk as for me, I felt shocked and happy of course. I honestly wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very next time I read a blog, I hope that it won’t fail me as much as this particular one. I mean, Yes, it was my choice to read through, however I genuinely believed you would have something help with assignment writing helpful to say. All I hear is a bunch of complaining about something that you could fix if you weren’t too busy searching for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such wonderful blog that looks pretty different, I would suggest you please make a proper plan for your blog and start professional custom assignment online blogging as a career, One day you would be smart enough to earn some money, wishing you a best of luck my friend, Thanks a lot for your nice support and love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe this will help your website become more organized because you have decided to set a part on this site for the inquiries regarding tax and as well as the helpful discussions. To be honest, this is one of the few sites that are doing this kind of strategy. Also, I think that this will not only benefit your clients or the potential ones but you most especially because you will be able assignment writing help to see the questions easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a good idea for people who actually have some questions or inquiries about this topic. I am so excited to see the discussions that will be made on this thread regarding taxes. I have to say that this kind of topic should really be discussed thoroughly to essay writing help people who finds it helpful so that there won't be no confusions anymore.

    ReplyDelete