Wednesday, August 16, 2006
Well, we have been at TCH for two weeks now. Noah is in serious but stable condition. We continue to wait and wait and wait for test results. Thanks for your patience as we wait patiently here. We'll keep you posted as we know anything. They have been on the phones checking on the status of the tests, which is a good thing. Due to the extent of testing, some are being sent to the Mayo, Johns Hopkins, Atlanta, etc.
Tomorrow we'll be having a big meeting at 3pm CMT with all the doctors and a social worker. Since many of the doctors are in different camps, they haven't been communicating, so it will be a good time for everyone to get on the same page and to hear Jason's and my heart about our son.
Two years ago I did a study on Proverbs. It's all about raising a son, so, since I have a little bit of time, I'm jumping back into it. I'll share deep thoughts as they come to me, whether you want to read them or not, ahem.
I am also doing my own research on the side and stirring the waters for the doctors. I am making them think outside the traditional box. The problem is, all the routine tests keep coming back "normal." Without a diagnosis, they won't treat Noah, so we are just maintaining, but not being very proactive.
Noah's pediatricians are putting together a homeopathic remedy that is an overall support tincture for his little body. I've made the docs aware that we'd be pulling in the natural side of medicine. Also, I've challenged the attending physician to find a D.O. that hasn't totally crossed over to the allopathic side of medicine and have him come take a look at Noah. I've also been given the name of a specialist in L.A. that is a mold toxicologist. We've emailed him and hope to hear from him soon, as mold toxicity is one of the avenues I am on right now. Please pray that if it is down this road, God will reveal it and have a cure for our son.