Sunday, September 14, 2008

"Sweet Noah"




Sweet Noah
Your eyes are a window
To all of our childhood dreams
It's almost like we're starting over again
One more trip through this life
With different eyes to see


You're the gift that came to take us back
Cause baby dear, you have the joy we lack
With your tiny hands
You touch a different world
Your full of wonder, full of hope
And full of one more chance
For us to see the world again
Like God sees the world


Little lover of God
You'd smile at a stranger
You don't think to be careful
How sweet is your love
You'd reach for the most unlovely of creatures
Your love is so unconditional


You're the gift that came to take us back
Cause baby dear, you have the love we lack
With your tiny heart
You love a different world
You're full of wonder, full of hope
And full of one more chance
For us to love the world again
Like God loves the world


And a child shall lead them
For such is the kingdom of heaven
Simple faith, simple love
Just because


Little faithful one
You're just like a mirror
Reflecting anything and everything we do
Mirror, mirror oh how you remind us
That we should reflect our Father just the same


You're the gift that came to take us back
Cause baby dear, you have the faith we lack
With your tiny life
You've shown the precious love of God
He's full of mercy, full of grace,
And full of one more chance
For us to daily learn to love
Like He first loved us


And a child shall lead them
For such is the kingdom of heaven
Simple faith, simple love
Just because


By Watermark

I've had this song on a Watermark CD for a few years...I just 'heard' it for the first time this summer. It was written because the artists lost a child through miscarriage and then had a boy named Noah who was healthy and whole...kind of a redemption for them. I didn't know these facts while listening to the song repeatedly...I only knew that the lyrics were true for us, despite our outcome. They wrote it for their child that lived. I resonate with it because of my child who died. It's irony at its finest.


I wanted to share: I received the most amazing gift last night...though I didn't realize it until morning. As I was waking up I remembered I had dreamt about my sweetest little man! In the dream I woke up to go to Noah's hospital bed to give him a huge kiss and say, "Good Morning!"
As I was leaning over his sweet face, his eyes opened and he looked at me, smiled and said, "Good Morning!" I was blown away! Day after day in the hospital I had expected the same response...which was none...so, in the dream, I was in such awe, enjoying the moment, telling everyone around me. I got to hold my sweet guy without any attachments, no medical tubes, just Noah, free, strong, healthy, whole, in my arms, nuggling me in return.

And then...I noticed he needed the machine after while, so I had to replace his trach into his neck, and the dream was over...Yes, the ending is sad, but the dream gave me a glimpse of what his life is really like in Heaven...He is free, he is whole, he is happy, and remembers me...And you know what? This sweet dream was a specific gift from God. Before I went to bed last night, I told the Lord that I was grateful for this phase of my journey, the steadfast peace I know each day, but that I loved Noah and missed him and wanted Him to tell him how very much. Instead, or in addition I suppose, He showed me how much He loves me by blessing me with a dream starring Noah, whole and healed. How cool is God?

14 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:14 AM

    It's beautiful song!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful God given dream! I'm so overcome at this post..that all I can do is sit here and cry. I think of your Noah often. Reading over your old posts and seeing pictures of him always makes me cry. Yet I'm so blessed by your little guy. I pray for you guys because even though I don't know your pain, I know this has go to be a hard road to travel. You do it with such Faith and beauty! I just got done writing a post on my deep and wide blog and then I checked in here and it's ironic how our posts go hand in hand(in a way) Love to you,Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is the coolest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a blessing, Adrienne! Thanks so much for sharing your dream and this great song. Erika :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING. :) God is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Adrienne, just beautiful.
    What a gift!
    Love and hugs to you,
    Beth in Brighton

    ReplyDelete
  7. GOD is very cool.... what a blessing in a song and a dream. Praise Jesus, for meeting you in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how much dream that dream would have meant to you Ade. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those sweet dreams...I have only had 1 dream I heard Pearl and saw the back of her head...sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How wonderful indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a similar gift from God when my grandma was sick in the hospital from cancer and only had hours to live. She had been unconsious for days and the day before she died, she woke up, was coherent, was able to visit with us and we had a wonderful day. She died the very next day shortly before lunch and right before hand she opened her eyes, looked at all of us and looked right above my head at the wall and smiled. I was at the foot of her bed and I knew the angels were right behind me. I miss her to this day but know she is no longer sick or suffering. She is dancing with Jesus and so is sweet Noah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:22 AM

    What a gift you were given! I can imagine how full your heart must have been when you woke up...precious.
    I have loved that song for years...such an awesome reminder of how we should treasure this life.

    ReplyDelete