Thursday, August 06, 2009

I just saw the calendar...

...and apparently it's August 6th. I love summer for this very reason. Yes I check my email frequently so I suppose I could look up the date there, but there's just something good for the soul when you leave your watch on the dresser, your phone on silent, your "to do" list untouched and your schedule behind. I'll be calling into The Well Radio Show today as a phone in guest. I am in South Dakota with Jason and Em visiting family and friends and I can't begin to explain how great this time has been for my heart. I haven't really done much of anything but just sit and be. Our friend's have a quaint boathouse behind their 1920's house which they have recently overhauled. It's like the brain child of something out of 'Coastal Living' meets 'Anthropologie'. My friend has such great taste and is a wonderful hostess, so this week has been nothing shy of just what I needed.

Anyway, even if I don't know what the actual date is, I know it's a Thursday because every Thursday I get butterflies in my stomach and go to the bathroom at least 4 times before "The Well Radio Show". It's not even that I am nervous like I used to get before a basketball game or swim meet in High School, because this show is a dream I feel I am supposed to be doing, but for me it's the deep responsibility I feel to be a good steward of the show, the one hour each week when people tune in to dig deeper. It's like this desire to know that not only what I am doing is encouraging others to dig deeper, but who I am reflects how totally stinking amazing God is.

My previous post was not a plea for encouragement, and I know you know that, but the responses thru email, Facebook and on the blog have blown my socks off. I'm going to share some of them today on our show if you get a chance to tune in at www.castlerockradio.com in just 15 minutes. I've had some serious 'A-ha' moments in the last week or so regarding being a dreamer and then the frustrations that go with it as I don't know how to move forward from there. I hope it will be insightful for some of you dreamers out there. And not only that, I hope it will inspire you to stop cursing your dreams and start living them...that's what I am going to do!

1 comment:

  1. I have followed your blog for quite some time and although I don't comment often (ok, really ever), I want you to know that I think you are a beautiful woman with a beautiful heart. Your journey . . . your story . . . and all the while, your eyes and heart are focused on Him.

    "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Chrsit, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
    2 Corinithians 1:3-4

    I think of you often when I read this verse. For it is the comfort you have received from the Lord that allows you the grace to comfort others in need with your words, your love, your story and your growth. Thank you for that!

    I pray that you have a peaceful weekend in South Dakota. If you happen to be in the Black Hills, you're in my neck of the woods (Spearfish) . . . I would LOVE meet you sometime!

    ReplyDelete