So, I've been 'tagged'...on Facebook, that is. "25 Random Things about me..." So, I've decided to share them for the heck of it. Besides, everyone is not on FB, and it was kind of a fun exercise and, as random as it is, hopefully reveals a little more about me and what I'm about. It's been a long time, but I believe in 'Blog World' it's called a 'Meme'?! If you'd like to share yours, mention it in your reply and post it on your blog for 'us' to see!
1. My pinkies are super short compared to my fingers but thought it was just my 'petite' feature...tonight, thanks to Mrs. Vasami, I've learned I have a genetic defect...thanks, friend:)
2. I want to ride my bike up the East coast some day, preferably in the late summer, early fall. I'd like to go from south to north, end up in Maine on an island in a quiet cabin like in the Robert McCloskey book.
3. My first U2 concert was in 7th grade with my BFF Stacey. It was outdoors at Compton Terrace in Arizona, "Unforgettable Fire". AWESOME!
4. I used to wear braces on my legs like Forrest Gump when I was a baby. I guess I had to wear them while I napped. I also had braces on my teeth twice.
5. I absolutely HATE packing but I LOVE traveling.
6. There is a quiet beach in Mexico with my name written all over it...I want to live there full-time.
7. I'm hoping that in Heaven, winter is optional!
8. Being a mom is my most favorite thing!
9. I love my husband more today than I did 18+ years ago when I met him! I think he's the most wonderful man in the whole wide world!
10. I would literally die for Jesus but since He already did that for me, I will LIVE for Him!
11. My maiden name, "Biebel" means "Bible" in German.
12. I like to sew random things and make jewelry to 'procrastinate'. It's therapeutic.
13. I don't really care about others' opinions of me, but I do care about my own of me...
14. My favorite place I've ever visited was a quiet mountain town in Switerland near Interloken where we stayed in a B & B chalet with our friends, Chad and Cristine, looking out at the Alps...the hills were alive with the sound of music!
15. I think 78 is the perfect temperature.
16. I eat chocolate 6 out of 7 days a week, at least...
17. I'm a really good starter but not always the best finisher :(
18. I'm 5'9 1/2" tall but have size 8 feet...complete with one hammer toe. (but not that bad...)
19. I walked 40 miles with my sister and some friends last fall to fight breast cancer (AVON) in NYC, baby!
20. I had ugly prom dresses...I'm not going to lie or even pretend I liked them! They were ugly then, and now...well, now they are just good comic relief! (Hey, I grabbed the pics off the web...I haven't scanned mine yet...)
21. I've been to 4 continents with my husband...I'd like to hit the last 3, Australia, Antarctica and Africa before Jesus returns. It's one of my life goals...my son, Noah, 'touched' each continent via the blog before he died. He beat me to it!
22. I have had a very blessed life... I mean that with all my heart. I miss my son and wish I could have saved him, but I would not trade the life I have been given. I am grateful!
23. My favorite day to day beverage is pure, clean, slightly cold water! My favorite grown up beverage is tequila, in moderation :).
24. My family, Jason and Em, my parents, sisters, in laws...all of them, they are THE BEST and I love them as big as the universe!
25. My lips are chronically chapped from constantly licking them!