Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Random Things...

So, I've been 'tagged'...on Facebook, that is. "25 Random Things about me..." So, I've decided to share them for the heck of it. Besides, everyone is not on FB, and it was kind of a fun exercise and, as random as it is, hopefully reveals a little more about me and what I'm about. It's been a long time, but I believe in 'Blog World' it's called a 'Meme'?! If you'd like to share yours, mention it in your reply and post it on your blog for 'us' to see!



1. My pinkies are super short compared to my fingers but thought it was just my 'petite' feature...tonight, thanks to Mrs. Vasami, I've learned I have a genetic defect...thanks, friend:)

2. I want to ride my bike up the East coast some day, preferably in the late summer, early fall. I'd like to go from south to north, end up in Maine on an island in a quiet cabin like in the Robert McCloskey book.

3. My first U2 concert was in 7th grade with my BFF Stacey. It was outdoors at Compton Terrace in Arizona, "Unforgettable Fire". AWESOME!
4. I used to wear braces on my legs like Forrest Gump when I was a baby. I guess I had to wear them while I napped. I also had braces on my teeth twice.

5. I absolutely HATE packing but I LOVE traveling.

6. There is a quiet beach in Mexico with my name written all over it...I want to live there full-time.

7. I'm hoping that in Heaven, winter is optional!

8. Being a mom is my most favorite thing!

9. I love my husband more today than I did 18+ years ago when I met him! I think he's the most wonderful man in the whole wide world!

10. I would literally die for Jesus but since He already did that for me, I will LIVE for Him!

11. My maiden name, "Biebel" means "Bible" in German.

12. I like to sew random things and make jewelry to 'procrastinate'. It's therapeutic.

13. I don't really care about others' opinions of me, but I do care about my own of me...

14. My favorite place I've ever visited was a quiet mountain town in Switerland near Interloken where we stayed in a B & B chalet with our friends, Chad and Cristine, looking out at the Alps...the hills were alive with the sound of music!

15. I think 78 is the perfect temperature.

16. I eat chocolate 6 out of 7 days a week, at least...

17. I'm a really good starter but not always the best finisher :(

18. I'm 5'9 1/2" tall but have size 8 feet...complete with one hammer toe. (but not that bad...)

19. I walked 40 miles with my sister and some friends last fall to fight breast cancer (AVON) in NYC, baby!

20. I had ugly prom dresses...I'm not going to lie or even pretend I liked them! They were ugly then, and now...well, now they are just good comic relief! (Hey, I grabbed the pics off the web...I haven't scanned mine yet...)

21. I've been to 4 continents with my husband...I'd like to hit the last 3, Australia, Antarctica and Africa before Jesus returns. It's one of my life goals...my son, Noah, 'touched' each continent via the blog before he died. He beat me to it!

22. I have had a very blessed life... I mean that with all my heart. I miss my son and wish I could have saved him, but I would not trade the life I have been given. I am grateful!

23. My favorite day to day beverage is pure, clean, slightly cold water! My favorite grown up beverage is tequila, in moderation :).

24. My family, Jason and Em, my parents, sisters, in laws...all of them, they are THE BEST and I love them as big as the universe!

25. My lips are chronically chapped from constantly licking them!

9 comments:

  1. That was fun to read! I've been reading your blog since before Noah went to be with Jesus. I love reading about your conversations with Emily and I'm inspired by your relationship with her. My own daughter is 3 and while I love the conversations we have now, I do look forward to what we'll talk about when she's a little older! =) I may have to print out your s*x conversations so that I'm prepared when the day comes!!!

    I did post 25 Random Things on my own blog here: http://beingandyswife.blogspot.com/2009/01/25-random-things-about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun list!

    I laughed when I read about the braces on your legs--only because I had to wear them when I was a baby at night time too, and I've never heard anyone else mention that!

    I posted one of these too, but mine is on facebook--you could find it there if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, # 21 is my favorite!!!

    Oh, and by the way, I LOVE your status on facebook---you go girl! Seriously people!! He is JUST a man!!!!!!!!

    I posted these to my facebook as well--not sure if I tagged you or not, but here they are...

    1.) I love getting pedicures but feel weird spending the money on myself (same with clothes, hair, etc.)
    2.) Growing up, I had a HUGE crush on Mike Vitar (the guy from the sandlot movie), and even joined his fan club!
    3.) I can't eat applesauce or yogurt with a silver/metal spoon...I can only eat it with a plastic one
    4.) I have the same middle name as my husband, daughter, and son
    5.) We have a 67" TV in our house that my sister GAVE us as a housewarming present, and we don't even have cable/bunny ears/anything! We use it only to watch movies :)
    6.) My favorite movie is Ever After
    7.) I am now FINALLY able to drink decaf coffee without Bubba getting WIRED!
    8.) I make lists for everything
    9.) I over-analyze everything and can never turn my mind OFF
    10.) If I eat something that is too sweet, (usually butter cream frosting, a sweet pastry etc.), then it makes my tongue "tingle." (only way I can describe it...and I have no idea why??)
    11.) I went bungee jumping for my 13th birthday with my Dad
    12.) I was voted Most Athletic in my senior class in high school
    13.) I love to cook
    14.) My favorite thing to do is hang out with My Honey :)
    15.) In 8th grade, I did a "How to shave your legs" illustration video for my leadership class (yeah, weird!)
    16.) In college, I nearly majored in English
    17.) I LOVE to take pictures (God's creation is truly wonderful!)
    18.) I would love to live out of state one day
    19.) My favorite number is 22 ( I guess I should have put that under #22--oops)
    20.) My first concert was to see Dino, The Cover Girls, and New Kids on the Block
    21.) I have a weird memory and can remember the craziest details about conversations, facts, etc.
    22.) I got my belly button pierced as a Freshman in college
    23.) I once jumped off the highest peak at copper canyon in high school
    24.) I love to sleep, but am lucky if I get 4 hours a night.
    25.) I absolutely, positively, cannot STAND when people are fake!


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:55 AM

    that is not you in those dresses- what, are you afraid to post a pic of the real thing? come on!
    rach

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have the small pinkie thing too! I see that your maiden name is German. Funny enough, this trait comes from my German ancestors... hmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you escape to the beach, please, please take me with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. K, I cut and pasted from my blog. This is the pre-edited version. I changed some on FB to add my time management issues and technological impairment. . .and my HATRED of clutter. Anyway, here goes. . .
    25 Random (and not so random) Things About Me:

    1. I believe that God is completely faithful, even when I am unfaithful. I believe this not only because the Bible says it, but also because I have experienced it again and again and again.

    2. In March I will have been married to my best friend for 13 years. I met him when I was 15, so I have known him for 4 years longer than the years that I didn't know him.

    3. My admiration for my husband has grown a LOT over the last few years, as I have seen (or become more aware of) the daily sacrifices that he makes for our family.

    4. I suffer from a total lack of objectivity when it comes to my children. I actually believe that they are the most creative, beautiful, and talented kids I've ever met. ;)

    5. My mom never went to college but is one of the most well-educated people I know.

    6. My father made it very easy for me to believe in a Heavenly Father, who loves me unconditionally.

    7. My siblings are some of my best friends (and my siblings-in-law!).

    8. I have always thought kids were hilarious. Before I was telling stories about my own kids, I was telling stories about my 15-years-younger sister or the kids I kept in daycare.

    9. I am passionate about education and love to discuss educational philosophy, cirriculum, the benefits of private/ public/ homeschool. . .you get the picture. Yes, if you live around me, you already know this.

    10. I love to teach. There is nothing better than seeing the eyes of an attentive child, when you have just told them something they didn't know.

    11. Bible is my favorite thing to teach.

    12. Language Arts is my second favorite.

    13. I'm not a very artistic person, but I value artistic or creative things (and people).

    14. I am drawn to passionate personalities.

    15. I complain a lot. I am reeeeally transparent and have a hard time walking the line between being authentic and just complaining.

    16. My husband complains less than anyone I know.

    17. I care too much about what people think.

    18. I have considered myself to be a low-maintainance girl, since I cut off the perm in 9th grade. In my 8th grade, school picture I had HUGE bangs and lots of powder blue eye shadow.

    19. I find foundation (make-up) to be infinitely more useful in my mid-30's than I ever did in my teens or 20's.

    20. I am a t-shirt and jeans kind of girl, but I like to dress up on occasion. . .for a few hours. Then I want to put my comfy clothes back on.

    21. Fortunately, my husband prefers t-shirt and jeans girls.

    22. My hands and feet are always cold (at least from Nov. to Feb). Sometimes I don't even know they're ice cold, until I touch someone who's warm.

    23. I used to prefer cold weather, but I've gotten wimpier in recent years. Conversely, I tolerate heat better than I used to, but still not that well-- Scandinavian skin was not meant for 90's+ heat.

    24. I have been in really good shape in my life and would like to be again.

    25. This was way too easy for me to do. I think I'm a little self-absorbed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had to laugh at #7. I totally agree.

    "Time of Wonder" is one of Just Son's favorite books. We borrowed the book-on-tape version from the library and "read" the book along with the narrator. It's one of my favorite memories.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need to do the 25 thing......my Type A self just gets all caught up on the "Random" thing. Does random mean noone knows about it?? I am way overthinking this.

    Anyways, about your travel (I think it was #22), my husband has had the same goal you do to visit every continent. He leaves tomorrow for another trip and will make it to Australia which officially leaves Antartica as the last one to visit. Now, if he can just justify selling oil and gas valves to someone there he might just accomplish his goal!

    Good luck!!! That is an awesome goal to have!

    ReplyDelete