- It would be cool to develop a line of body spray that smells like the nostalgic scent of the person you love...I wish I could say that my pillow is safe in an acrylic frame, a ziplock baggie, or a vault of some kind, but, the gift I received the other day, that of smelling Noah's sweet scent one more time was gone as quickly as it came. I am so grateful to have had it even for a moment. It seared in my heart the necessity for us to not store up for ourselves treasures here that rust and decay but to store them up in heaven. Just as Jesus said, "One day at a time." If I wait to savor something, it will be too late. I have to be thankful NOW.
- Noah was born at 6:57 pm. June 10, 2006 will always be one of my most favorite days of my life. Noah's birth experience, everyone and everything that surrounded it, minus the substitute ob/gyn, made the day nothing short of miraculous.
- Tomorrow Jason is taking the day off and the three of us are packing a picnic and headed up to the mountains for lunch and a hike. Emily is so excited that not one minute of the day will be spent working. While Noah was home with us, we took him up to the mountains for a little hike near a beautiful mountain lake and waterfall. Emily collected dragonflies in her bug catcher.
- I am going to watch Noah's birth video tomorrow night for the very first time. My friends that were with us during Noah's delivery, I believe, took turns with the video camera. I don't really know or remember since I was focusing on pushing...Anyway, it's still on the tiny tape that was actually still in the camera, collecting dust because until Jason videotaped Emily's loose tooth recently, it had been in its case, out of sight.
- If you have ever had more than one child, regardless of their length of stay on earth, I wonder if the anticipation of the second child stirred in you the question of whether you could love that child as much as the first. Or, having read the story of Jacob, did you ever wonder how it was possible for him to love his son, Joseph, more than his other sons? That he could actually have a favorite?! I remember thinking he wasn't a very good dad to have a favorite kid...but then I had Emily, and then I had Noah. She is my favorite daughter in the whole world and Noah my most favorite son.
- P.S. Happy Birthday to anyone born on June 10th! You're awesome!
Remind me to tell you about the cool sign God gave me tonight while I sat in the hammock...