Sunday, December 31, 2006


The top picture is of us in the stands but then we realized we could be anywhere...so, we turned around and had the field as proof in the background. This is my account...We really enjoyed the game today, though they are out of the playoffs. There were over 70,000 fans in attendance. Speaking of fans, I would say that MANY are faithful, but I must say that there are some that are very fickle! There was a guy sitting near us who was hooping and hollering, cheering them on, but when there was a fumble or penalty, then he'd curse like a sailor and call on my Savior. I know it's sports, okay, but if you're a fan, then you gotta love 'em whether they win or lose! Pick a team and stay faithful! So, anyway, I like football, but I have to admit that my favorite part was when the 4 F-15's flew over the field at kickoff. Ever since Top Gun, I've been a sucker for loud jets...It was a perfect sunny winter day here in Denver and our seats were right in it, so that was AWESOME because the people sitting on the west side looked really, really cold! When the sun went behind the stadium, we bundled up and enjoyed the action. We were in great seats, positioned perfectly to see the sun go down and light up the back of the front range. Glorious mountains!

My scripture for the year...Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. Hebrews 12:1-3

I've been meditating on this scripture a lot lately...I'm asking God to bring to light everything that hinders and entangles me from being the woman, wife, mom, that I am called to be. Besides the Word of God, a book called A Minute of Margin by Richard A. Swenson, MD, has helped me in this area of my life, though I have not attained it...Anyway, I've realized that life on this earth has become quite complicated since Jesus' days...actually since Noah's days. I want to serve Him simply...I want to love people the way He did, I want to pray for them to be healed, reconciled to God, restored to wholeness. I want to follow His directions quite simply, without the complications, without the distractions...I'm not making a New Year's resolution, as Jesus says to take one day at a time. I'm making a daily plan of passionate pursuit...it just happens to be a New Year.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:58 AM

    The west stands were VERY COLD in the shade. We were envious of you in the sun! I am glad you got some time together and enjoyed the game. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully written—you are such an inspiration and a walking sermon!

    ReplyDelete