Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Hope it's not too late...


Here's a gift for you for the holidays...it's my sister-in-law Rosana's recipe and it ROCKS! I use all organic ingredients, but it tastes good either way...

Filling:
1 - 15 oz. can organic pumpkin
2/3 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup whole milk (I used Rice milk b/c that's all I have...)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup cane sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla
2 tsp ground Saigon cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp sea salt

Mix all ingredients in a mixer until well blended. Pour into homemade or purchased organic crust. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes. Remove from oven, top with the following mixture and bake for 15 to 20 more minutes until done.

Topping...
In a blender or food processor, mix until fine:
20 Ginger Snaps
2 T cane sugar
1 T flour
2 T chilled butter
Let cool and top with homemade whipping cream and ENJOY! If you like pumpkin, this one will knock your socks off!

I pray that each of you is encouraged this Thanksgiving. I know we all have different things for which we are thankful, some of us health, others it's family and friends, some fortune...for me, I am grateful that God loves me exactly the way I am...why He does that, I'll one day know, but in the meantime, I'll revel in that fact...I hope you can, too! Happy Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this. I'm in the process of making The Pioneer Woman's Pumpkin Cheesecake right now, so it might be a while!

    Thanks for the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pie looks yummy. Where do you get Saigon cinnamon?

    I made a pumpkin roll for dessert. I mean a cake; I'm not bowling with pumpkins. ;-D

    A blessed thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy. (I cheated and bought a Mrs. Smiths. )

    Someone recently recommended the book TrueFaced to me. Have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is too late for me. but sounds delicious! i made the old reliable cherry pie and shook it up a bit with a carmel pecan cheese cake.

    happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to hear about the Pioneer Woman's Cheesecake sounds interesting and yummy!

    Saigon Cinnamon is by McCormick's Spices. I've always wanted to make a pumpkin roll but am too afraid what may happen while rolling...I just know mine would crumble!

    I hear Mrs. Smith makes a mean pumpkin pie!

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete