Sunday, October 15, 2006

So, I REALLY NEEDED to get baptized today...we left the house in PLENTY of time to head west to Red Rocks Church for the baptism service. We were 5 minutes from our house, near the heart of downtown, and there was a traffic jam on a Sunday morning. I have to admit, my patience was being tested. Then, ahead at the intersection I see Denver Marathoners running south on Lincoln. I'm really proud of them all, don't get me wrong (I know many marathoners, in the family even), but of all mornings, when we're going to get baptized, waiting for hundreds of people to cross the street was not my idea of a patience builder! After waiting for 20 minutes, we went through an alley and headed east for 3 miles, of course, RUNNING INTO THE MARATHONERS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF OUR DETOUR!!! I thank God that His grace was ABUNDANT this morning because I could have demonstrated even worse behavior in front of my daughter than I did! Let's just say it was a good morning to be baptized!

Speaking of which, it was a great morning with family and very dear friends. There were several people who got baptized this morning, all sharing their testimonies on pre-recorded videos. Pastor Shawn had come to the hospital a week ago to video tape my reasons for being baptized. It was neat to see Em and Noah up on the screen with me in the video while Jason and my sis held my hand at the front of the church. Thank you for your prayers and support. I am truly humbled to have had this opportunity today.

Noah has been sleeping excessive amounts the last couple of days. I don't know if he's fighting infections again or what is going on. I'm going to snuggle him for a bit. We pray that this week will reveal many things that are hidden and that Noah's healing will be manifested soon and very soon. For God's glory!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:44 PM

    Adrienne,
    I saw your video in first service today...I'm sorry I missed the actual baptism. I'm relatively new to the church (several months) and have been following your blog and praying for baby Noah and your family. May today bring you a renewed sense of a new life and new beginning. And I'm praying for new answers about Noah and most of all a miraculous total healing.
    Your story about Noah and about your faith has been such a blessing to so many. Isn't that just like God?
    I'm naturally emotional anyway, but your blogs always make me weep. And, not just my words, but my heart cries out and prays for your baby, and also for a covering around around your family, and wisdom and earnestness from the doctors.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:05 PM

    Adrienne,
    So wonderful to hear that you made it to the Baptism! and congratulations on the act itself! I remember the day that I was baptised, about 3 years ago almost to the day! It is a meaningful thing and sounds like it was the perfect time for you! If I was only closer I wish I could give you a hug, sit with Noah and be there for your family. My prayers have not stopped. I love you and pray daily!
    Love Steph

    ReplyDelete